MIHP provides support to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants.
The Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a program for all Michigan women with Medicaid health insurance who are pregnant and all infants with Medicaid.
It is a benefit of their insurance.
- Maternal and infant health, psychosocial and nutrition assessment completed by nurse, social worker, or dietician
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker and Registered Dietician team development of beneficiary care plans
- Coordination of MIHP services with the beneficiary's health care provider and Medicaid Health Plan (who assist and supplement that care)
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker and Registered Dietician home or office visits provided with interventions based on the beneficiary's plan of care
- Transportation services may be arranged
- Referrals are made to local community services (e.g., mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, basic needs assistance) as needed
- Referral to local childbirth education or parenting classes
Call us at 1-800-432-4121 for more information.