The Blue Devil Wellness Center is a school-based health facility of Health Department of Northwest Michigan, in collaboration with Gaylord Public Schools, located in Gaylord High School.
We offer services to anyone aged 10 through 21 (and their children). Appointments are available year-round and same-day appointments may be available during our hours of operation (listed below). We offer health care and prevention services, including screenings to detect behavioral or developmental issues, and information for parents and guardians on nearly any topic related to adolescent health. No one is denied services due to inability to pay. There are no out-of-pocket costs.
Ages served: Anyone 10-21 (and their children).
Appointments: Available year-round, same day appointments may be available.
Cost: No one is denied services due to inability to pay. We bill health insurance policies - Medicaid, MI-Child, Healthy Kids, or private insurance like Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan if youth have coverage. We also assist uninsured families with MIChild and Healthy Kids applications.
Physical Health and Mental Health Services include:
- Education and referrals to establish a primary care provider
- Individual, family and group counseling with a licensed Therapist
- Health assessments and risk reduction
- Treatment for illness, including prescriptions
- Treatment for injuries
- Chronic disease management in partnership with health care provider
- Physical exams for school, sports and camp
- Basic laboratory services and tests
- Referral for specialty health services
- Vision/hearing screening
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, screening and treatment with abstinence-based education
- Education and resources to better understand the health care system
The Gaylord Blue Devil Wellness Center staff is devoted to promoting healthy choices for students and focusing on prevention. Our mission is to offer students in Gaylord primary health care services with a focus on preventive health and reduction of risk behaviors, removing barriers to students' academic success, and promoting health and fitness now and in the future.
Hours of Operation:School year hours:
Monday - Thrusday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am -12 pm
Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 5:30 pm